What should I do if I want to study in Canada?

First of all, applicants need to have a school offer or an admission letter to show that you are accepted in one school. Most schools require students to pay the first year tuition fee and a certain amount of financial proof.  With these two proof and the rest supporting documents, you can apply for a study permit.

If you are already in Canada as an international student, you may need to extend your study permit. We highly recommend our students to prepare this at least 3 months in advance before your study permit expires. Students need to prove they did study in each semester in order to renew their study permit successfully.

“I already submitted my study permit extension application before my study permit expired, can I keep studying while I am waiting for my extension application?”

The answer is yes. In this situation, you are under implied status, which allows you to keep studying while you are waiting for your result. However, if unfortunately, your extension application is refused, you are not allowed to study or work in Canada anymore. However, you may still have a chance to change it. Please contact us for this special situation as soon as possible before it getting worse.

 Some students may have certain reasonable explanations for didn’t take classes or failed some courses. In this situation, students need to be very careful to extend their study permit. Or some students even didn’t realize their study permit is expired already. Or your study permit is on the brink of expiry. We are confident to take care of these tricky situations.

“What is the relationship between study permit and Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?”

Study permit gives you status in Canada as a student. You need to make sure your study permit is always valid. TRV is like a ticket that allows you to enter Canada. TRV wouldn’t give you a status in Canada. If you extend your study permit successfully, and don’t want to leave Canada. Then you don’t have to extend your TRV. However, if you still want to take a vacation outside of Canada, you have to renew your TRV, which allows you come back to Canada after a vacation.  Most often, CBSA officer will check your study permit as well.  

Click or drag a file to this area to upload.