What is Temporary Resident Visa?

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as  visitor visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident  (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker). With TRV, visitors can visit Canada on holiday, visit family and friends. It’s like a ticket to allow you to enter Canada. However, visitors are not allowed to work or study in Canada without authorization. In many cases, a work or study permit will be required.

If you are a TRV-exempt country, you may come to Canada without a TRV. If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, you may require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Except U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa, all other foreign nationals require an eTA to fly to Canada. You can use this link to find out if you need an eTA. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta.html

Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they will put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document. If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the date you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

If you want to stay longer than your authorized stay, you should apply for an extension at least 30 days before the authorized end of your stay.

Please contact us for more information and we would be very happy to help.  

What is visitor record?

A visitor record is a status document issued to visa-required or visa-exempt foreign nationals who are seeking to enter or are in Canada. It gives you a status to stay in Canada legally. A visitor record holder may or may not allow to study or work in Canada depends on your own situation.

What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?

A visitor visa is a sticker on your passport. A visitor record is a document issued to you to extend your stay in Canada. It’s an independent document (not placed in your passport).

When I need to apply for a visitor record?

You first arrive at the port of entry and you know you want to stay longer than 6 months; or

You’re in Canada and decide you want to stay longer. In this situation, you must apply at least 30 days before your authorized stay in Canada expires.

What is Super Visa?

It’s a visa only for parents or grandparents, which allows them to visit their children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. Comparing with Temporary Resident Visa (also called Visitor Visa), Super Visa requires more supporting documents. The application fee is $100, which is the same as TRV.

Who can apply for Super Visa?

  • Your children or grandchildren must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada.
  • Your children or grandchildren prepare an invitation letter.
  • Buy an insurance from a Canadian Insurance company with certain coverage.
  • Parents or grandparents must apply for it from outside of Canada.
  • Income requirements for your children or grandchildren.

Do you have any questions mentioned below? Please let us to take care of your parents or grandparents Super Visa Application. We are happy to see a family reunited in Canada with our assistant.

My parents are in Canada now, could they apply from within Canada? Or Could my parents-in-law apply for it? Or they are from a visa-exempt country, can they still apply for a super visa? Or do they need to take Biometric Collection or apply for eTA? 

Click or drag a file to this area to upload.