A bridging open work permit (BOWP) lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.
Am I eligible to apply for a BOWP?
If you live in Quebec, you are not eligible for a BOWP. Instead, if you have a valid Certificat de selection du Quebec, you may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit.
First, you’ve applied for Permanent Residence under one of the program below:
- Permanent Residence under Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). With no employer restrictions on your Nomination Certificate.
- Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot
- Caring for children class or caring for people with high medical needs class
- Agri-Food Immigration Pilot (AFIP)
The following requirements are also need to be met:
- Be currently in Canada
- Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next 4 months
- Be the principal applicant on your PR application
If we take care of your Permanent Resident Application, we offer a good deal to our client when they need to apply for a BOWP.