What is Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

A bridging open work permit (BOWP) lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.

Am I eligible to apply for a BOWP?

If you live in Quebec, you are not eligible for a BOWP. Instead, if you have a valid Certificat de selection du Quebec, you may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit.

First, you’ve applied for Permanent Residence under one of the program below:

  • Permanent Residence under Express Entry
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). With no employer restrictions on your Nomination Certificate.
  • Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot
  • Caring for children class or caring for people with high medical needs class
  • Agri-Food Immigration Pilot (AFIP)

The following requirements are also need to be met:

  • Be currently in Canada
  • Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next 4 months
  • Be the principal applicant on your PR application

If we take care of your Permanent Resident Application, we offer a good deal to our client when they need to apply for a BOWP.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *