What is Post-Graduation Work Permit?

It’s an open work permit issued to students who graduated from a designated learning institution (DLI) and want to stay in Canada temporarily to work. Not all graduates from a DLI eligible for a PGWP.

  1. How do I know if my institution is DLI or not? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
  2. What is the requirements to apply for a PGWP?
  3. Have a valid status in Canada, either be a visitor or a student; You can also leave Canada and apply for it.
  4. Apply for it within 180 days after you get your final marks.
  5. The length of your study program is more than 8 months.
  6. Study at a DLI
  7. Maintained as a full-time student during each semester of your study program. Only your final semester can be part-time.
  8. Never applied for PGWP before.
  9. With completion letter from school and your final official transcripts.
  10. How long is a Post-graduation work permit valid?

 From 8 months to 3 years depends on your situation.

  • What should I do if my status in Canada is expired already?  Or what should I do if my passport is not valid for the entire length of time my PGWP would be? Or I transferred between two or more schools, can I apply for PGWP? What if I didn’t study for one semester?

We are confident to take care of your post-graduation work permit application. Please contact us and we will provide more answers to your questions based on your own situation. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *