It’s an open work permit issued to students who graduated from a designated learning institution (DLI) and want to stay in Canada temporarily to work. Not all graduates from a DLI eligible for a PGWP.
- How do I know if my institution is DLI or not? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
- What is the requirements to apply for a PGWP?
- Have a valid status in Canada, either be a visitor or a student; You can also leave Canada and apply for it.
- Apply for it within 180 days after you get your final marks.
- The length of your study program is more than 8 months.
- Study at a DLI
- Maintained as a full-time student during each semester of your study program. Only your final semester can be part-time.
- Never applied for PGWP before.
- With completion letter from school and your final official transcripts.
- How long is a Post-graduation work permit valid?
From 8 months to 3 years depends on your situation.
- What should I do if my status in Canada is expired already? Or what should I do if my passport is not valid for the entire length of time my PGWP would be? Or I transferred between two or more schools, can I apply for PGWP? What if I didn’t study for one semester?
We are confident to take care of your post-graduation work permit application. Please contact us and we will provide more answers to your questions based on your own situation.